top of page
Code P0110 what it means and how to fix it
The OBD-II trouble code P0110 is associated with a problem in the intake air temperature (IAT) sensor circuit. This sensor is responsible for measuring the temperature of the incoming air into the engine. The ECM (Engine Control Module) uses this data to determine the optimal air and fuel mixture for combustion. When the ECM detects that the voltage input from the IAT sensor is outside the expected range, it triggers the P0110 trouble code.
Our ASE certified mobile mechanics team, will take the appropriate steps to diagnose and potentially fix this issue:
1. Use an OBD-II scanner to read and document the specific trouble code P0110.
2. Locate the intake air temperature sensor in the intake system and inspect its wiring and connector for any visible damage, corrosion, or loose connections.
3. Test the intake air temperature sensor using a multimeter to measure the voltage output. Compare the reading to the manufacturer's specifications.
4. Check for any air leaks or restrictions in the intake system that could affect the sensor's readings. Typically, the intake air temperature sensor is located on or near the air filter housing or the intake ducting.
1. If the intake air temperature sensor's voltage output is out of specification, or if there are issues with the wiring or connections, the sensor may need to be replaced. 2. Ensure that the replacement sensor is compatible with the specific make and model of the vehicle.
3. If there are air leaks or restrictions in the intake system, address these issues by repairing or replacing affected components.
4. After making the necessary repairs, clear the trouble code using the OBD-II scanner. 5. Conduct a road test to verify that the check engine light does not reappear, indicating a successful repair.
Our mobile mechanic team, it's equipped with appropriate diagnostic tools, such as an OBD-II scanner and multimeter, to pinpoint the issue accurately and ensure the correct repair is undertaken. If you're unsure about the diagnosis or repair process for this code, it's recommended to consult with the vehicle manufacturer's service literature or seek assistance from a qualified automotive technician.
bottom of page